Support OYE: DONATE TODAY!
the OYE social media project: an open-source social media strategy for NGOs & educators
Over the next few months, we will be developing a social media campaign for a small, yet very capable NGO in Honduras; The Organization for Youth Empowerment. Through this blog, we will examine the effectiveness of a variety of social media components to increase the global awareness of a small local humanitarian non-profit, on a minimal budget.
We hope that you'll subscribe to the blog to follow the transparent process of promoting this extremely committed NGO in their efforts to better the lives of children in Honduras. If you are involved in social media, we think that you'll find these updates insightful. and we invite you to participate by contributing your own expertise and advice to this global effort.
- Our #portal is in on the move. Are you ready @UNAHVS_OFICIAL? @SharedStudios https://t.co/tIBHSmxkEN 2 weeks ago
- RT @FordFoundation: "Without art there is no empathy. Without empathy, there is no justice." -- @Darenwalker #FundTheArts @ArtsAdvocacy #Sa… 1 month ago
- ¡Feliz Día del Amor y la Amistad! ¿Qué sigifica para ti el amor y la amistad? #ValentinesDay https://t.co/NkZT6RdWPi 2 months ago
- 3 OYE scholars who are now among USAP's finest and brightest incoming freshmen! #collegebound #scholarship https://t.co/dszstIZXrO 3 months ago
- #Give4Girls: The Banegas Sisters: youtu.be/GRjvVzJh0o4?a via @YouTube 4 months ago
- Less than 10K left in matching funds this #GivingTuesday! Maximize your donation NOW! bit.ly/2fIVipx 4 months ago
- It's #GivingTuesday! Show us some love today and #Give4Girls! bit.ly/2fIVipx https://t.co/L8aEYxTd8c 4 months ago
- Want to change the world? Educate a girl. Join us to #Give4Girls tomorrow on #GivingTuesday! https://t.co/WfU0Wuay1M 4 months ago
Tag Cloud18 rabbits Adobe After Effects alternative spring break Apple art Arte La Calle baleadas bing Canon capacity building central america Columbia University community engagement content management system COPPROME crime CSR csrwire Digg documentary drug-trafficking drugs editorial education el progreso El progresso Facebook freshly pressed gang-violence Garifuna Google grad student volunteers high school Honduran films Honduran kids Honduran youth honduras human development humanitarian interns leadership Linked In Mary Baldwin College news sites ngo orphanage OYE Photoshop Pinterest Premiere Pro radio ritmo Reddit San Pedro Sula scholars scholarships search engine self-esteem social media social media experiment social media initiative social_media stories of transformation StumbleUpon sustainability tortilla Twitter university video Visión Mundial WordPress WordPress Blog WordPress_Blog World Vision youth empowerment
About Richard LakinRichard Lakin is the co-founder of 18 rabbits digital media. Named after the Mayan king (695-738 AD) who supported the arts during his reign in Central America, 18 rabbits digital media promotes social entrepreneurs, international development, educational institutions, NGOs, corporate social responsibility, non-profits, and community outreach projects through a strategic program of multimedia and internet distribution.
This entry was posted in from Honduras, social media initiative, voices of OYE and tagged 18 rabbits, arab spring, central america, education, Honduran youth, honduras, Huffington Post, Kony 2012, Latina Lista, Michael Solis, ngo, occupy movement, OYE, poverty, Richard Lakin, youth empowerment. Bookmark the permalink.