Support OYE: DONATE TODAY!
the OYE social media project: an open-source social media strategy for NGOs & educators
Over the next few months, we will be developing a social media campaign for a small, yet very capable NGO in Honduras; The Organization for Youth Empowerment. Through this blog, we will examine the effectiveness of a variety of social media components to increase the global awareness of a small local humanitarian non-profit, on a minimal budget.
We hope that you'll subscribe to the blog to follow the transparent process of promoting this extremely committed NGO in their efforts to better the lives of children in Honduras. If you are involved in social media, we think that you'll find these updates insightful. and we invite you to participate by contributing your own expertise and advice to this global effort.
- Clinton's VP pick and former volunteer with Jesuits in El Progreso @timkaine with OYE youth last November in DC! https://t.co/GCoxV2Z8Uz 3 days ago
- Check out our summer newsletter to read Ivelis' story! #myvoiceispower #empoweredgirls conta.cc/29PMJ5T https://t.co/ktILAMOsfU 1 week ago
- RT @SeaIF: Apply today to join the 2016-2017 #CenAmAdelante cohort. @IIEglobal #Socialchange #leadership #CentralAmerica https://t.co/Xtaw… 1 week ago
- Nuestra exposición en reunión de #CentroamericaAdelante con líderes centroamericanos para el cambio social. https://t.co/keTXZ9EOb2 1 week ago
- El sábado celebramos nuestro 11vo aniversario y la pasamos #requetebien! Disfruta las fotos de los mejores momentos! bit.ly/28JDSCP 1 month ago
- We had such a blast celebrating our 11th anniversary this Saturday! Thx to all who make our work possible! #somosOYE https://t.co/eAk5LtYa1D 1 month ago
- La restauración comienza con uno mismo. #practicasrestaurativas #autocuidado #IIRP 1 month ago
- Our restorative journey begins here. Looking forward to what the future will bring. #restorativepractices #IIRP https://t.co/GMPwX5yZRz 1 month ago
Tag Cloud18 rabbits Adobe After Effects alternative spring break Apple art Arte La Calle baleadas bing Canon capacity building central america Columbia University community engagement content management system COPPROME crime CSR csrwire Digg documentary drug-trafficking drugs editorial education el progreso El progresso Facebook freshly pressed gang-violence Garifuna Google grad student volunteers high school Honduran films Honduran kids Honduran youth honduras human development humanitarian interns leadership Linked In Mary Baldwin College news sites ngo orphanage OYE Photoshop Pinterest Premiere Pro radio ritmo Reddit San Pedro Sula scholars scholarships search engine self-esteem social media social media experiment social media initiative social_media stories of transformation StumbleUpon sustainability tortilla Twitter university video Visión Mundial WordPress WordPress Blog WordPress_Blog World Vision youth empowerment
About Richard LakinRichard Lakin is the co-founder of 18 rabbits digital media. Named after the Mayan king (695-738 AD) who supported the arts during his reign in Central America, 18 rabbits digital media promotes social entrepreneurs, international development, educational institutions, NGOs, corporate social responsibility, non-profits, and community outreach projects through a strategic program of multimedia and internet distribution.
This entry was posted in from Honduras, social media initiative, voices of OYE and tagged 18 rabbits, arab spring, central america, education, Honduran youth, honduras, Huffington Post, Kony 2012, Latina Lista, Michael Solis, ngo, occupy movement, OYE, poverty, Richard Lakin, youth empowerment. Bookmark the permalink.