Grad students from Columbia University signed on for an alternative Spring Break in Honduras to do volunteer work for OYE .
Support OYE: DONATE TODAY!
the OYE social media project: an open-source social media strategy for NGOs & educators
Over the next few months, we will be developing a social media campaign for a small, yet very capable NGO in Honduras; The Organization for Youth Empowerment. Through this blog, we will examine the effectiveness of a variety of social media components to increase the global awareness of a small local humanitarian non-profit, on a minimal budget.
We hope that you'll subscribe to the blog to follow the transparent process of promoting this extremely committed NGO in their efforts to better the lives of children in Honduras. If you are involved in social media, we think that you'll find these updates insightful. and we invite you to participate by contributing your own expertise and advice to this global effort.
- #Give4Girls: The Banegas Sisters: youtu.be/GRjvVzJh0o4?a via @YouTube 1 week ago
- Less than 10K left in matching funds this #GivingTuesday! Maximize your donation NOW! bit.ly/2fIVipx 1 week ago
- It's #GivingTuesday! Show us some love today and #Give4Girls! bit.ly/2fIVipx https://t.co/L8aEYxTd8c 1 week ago
- Want to change the world? Educate a girl. Join us to #Give4Girls tomorrow on #GivingTuesday! https://t.co/WfU0Wuay1M 1 week ago
- Tomorrow is the big day! Will you #Give4Girls this #GivingTuesday? bit.ly/2fIVipx 1 week ago
- RT @pnud: El sexismo frena desarrollo d países enteros. El potencial económico, político, social y artístico d las mujeres no puede desapro… 2 weeks ago
- This #GivingTuesday, @GlobalGiving and @gatesfoundation will #MatchAMillion dollars for projects in 160+ countries! bit.ly/2fBdYWT 2 weeks ago
- On a day like today... https://t.co/tttlqK2XMP 3 weeks ago
Tag Cloud18 rabbits Adobe After Effects alternative spring break Apple art Arte La Calle baleadas bing Canon capacity building central america Columbia University community engagement content management system COPPROME crime CSR csrwire Digg documentary drug-trafficking drugs editorial education el progreso El progresso Facebook freshly pressed gang-violence Garifuna Google grad student volunteers high school Honduran films Honduran kids Honduran youth honduras human development humanitarian interns leadership Linked In Mary Baldwin College news sites ngo orphanage OYE Photoshop Pinterest Premiere Pro radio ritmo Reddit San Pedro Sula scholars scholarships search engine self-esteem social media social media experiment social media initiative social_media stories of transformation StumbleUpon sustainability tortilla Twitter university video Visión Mundial WordPress WordPress Blog WordPress_Blog World Vision youth empowerment