the OYE social media project: an open-source social media strategy for NGOs & educators
Over the next few months, we will be developing a social media campaign for a small, yet very capable NGO in Honduras; The Organization for Youth Empowerment. Through this blog, we will examine the effectiveness of a variety of social media components to increase the global awareness of a small local humanitarian non-profit, on a minimal budget.
We hope that you'll subscribe to the blog to follow the transparent process of promoting this extremely committed NGO in their efforts to better the lives of children in Honduras. If you are involved in social media, we think that you'll find these updates insightful. and we invite you to participate by contributing your own expertise and advice to this global effort.
- 7,464 hits
Support OYE: DONATE TODAY!
- OYE Intern, Christina Ramirez, is graduating! Congratulations Christina! Great work!... fb.me/18mNe1xpY 4 days ago
- Escucha a OYE Ritmo Online!! oyehonduras.blogspot.com/2013/05/radiou… fb.me/xklLNxJT 4 days ago
- If you click on one link today: oyehonduras.blogpsot.com Radio, Bulletin, and Revista Support youth devel #oyehonduras #youth @USAmbHonduras 4 days ago
- Developing a #recycling campaign with the municipal gov. and local school. Looking forward to the #EMU volunteers! 5 days ago
- Race4OYE DC Raises $2,750 for youth scholarships! Thanks to all the donors! oyehonduras.blogspot.com fb.me/2nBqZ62kl 2 weeks ago
- Final push for OYE! Support the racers and raise funds for scholarships crowdrise.com/OYEHondurasWas… 2 weeks ago
- Why volunteering at OYE is unique! bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-… #oyehonduras #summerinterns 2 weeks ago
- crowdrise.com/OYEHondurasWas… Final push to support RACE 4 OYE DC! 2 weeks ago
Tag Cloud18 rabbits art capacity building central america Columbia University community engagement content management system csrwire Digg documentary education el progreso Facebook gang-violence Google high school Honduran films Honduran kids Honduran youth honduras human development humanitarian leadership Linked In ngo OYE Pinterest radio ritmo Reddit scholars scholarships search engine self-esteem social media social media experiment social_media stories of transformation StumbleUpon Twitter university video WordPress WordPress Blog WordPress_Blog youth empowerment
About Richard LakinRichard Lakin is the co-founder of 18 rabbits digital media. Named after the Mayan king (695-738 AD) who supported the arts during his reign in Central America, 18 rabbits digital media promotes social entrepreneurs, international development, educational institutions, NGOs, corporate social responsibility, non-profits, and community outreach projects through a strategic program of multimedia and internet distribution.
This entry was posted in from Honduras, social media initiative, voices of OYE and tagged 18 rabbits, arab spring, central america, education, Honduran youth, honduras, Huffington Post, Kony 2012, Latina Lista, Michael Solis, ngo, occupy movement, OYE, poverty, Richard Lakin, youth empowerment. Bookmark the permalink.