From earlier today:
“I arrived to OYE last year. I’m in the art program, where I’ve learned how to draw. I’ve learned to work better with others, to fight for everything – for me and for the organization so the organization can grow. I’m always pushing forward.”
“I define myself as a person who fights for what she wants, who tries to better herself as a person, and who supports others. My family relationships are good. OYE has helped me economically. I might not be in high school now if it weren’t for OYE. We are a family of three sisters, and what we receive in OYE helps us to go to school. Practically, OYE’s the reason why I’m in school, because the money from OYE helps my sisters and me to go to school and buy our books. This is my last year, and there are more expenses. We go to school in the morning every day, and you have to spend money on food and all sorts of things. So OYE has helped us with that. We also receive capacity building, which motivates us and helps build our self-esteem.”
the OYE social media project: an open-source social media strategy for NGOs & educators
Over the next few months, we will be developing a social media campaign for a small, yet very capable NGO in Honduras; The Organization for Youth Empowerment. Through this blog, we will examine the effectiveness of a variety of social media components to increase the global awareness of a small local humanitarian non-profit, on a minimal budget.
We hope that you'll subscribe to the blog to follow the transparent process of promoting this extremely committed NGO in their efforts to better the lives of children in Honduras. If you are involved in social media, we think that you'll find these updates insightful. and we invite you to participate by contributing your own expertise and advice to this global effort.
- 7,479 hits
Support OYE: DONATE TODAY!
- OYE Intern, Christina Ramirez, is graduating! Congratulations Christina! Great work!... fb.me/18mNe1xpY 1 week ago
- Escucha a OYE Ritmo Online!! oyehonduras.blogspot.com/2013/05/radiou… fb.me/xklLNxJT 1 week ago
- If you click on one link today: oyehonduras.blogpsot.com Radio, Bulletin, and Revista Support youth devel #oyehonduras #youth @USAmbHonduras 1 week ago
- Developing a #recycling campaign with the municipal gov. and local school. Looking forward to the #EMU volunteers! 1 week ago
- Race4OYE DC Raises $2,750 for youth scholarships! Thanks to all the donors! oyehonduras.blogspot.com fb.me/2nBqZ62kl 2 weeks ago
- Final push for OYE! Support the racers and raise funds for scholarships crowdrise.com/OYEHondurasWas… 2 weeks ago
- Why volunteering at OYE is unique! bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-… #oyehonduras #summerinterns 2 weeks ago
- crowdrise.com/OYEHondurasWas… Final push to support RACE 4 OYE DC! 2 weeks ago
Tag Cloud18 rabbits art capacity building central america Columbia University community engagement content management system csrwire Digg documentary education el progreso Facebook gang-violence Google high school Honduran films Honduran kids Honduran youth honduras human development humanitarian leadership Linked In ngo OYE Pinterest radio ritmo Reddit scholars scholarships search engine self-esteem social media social media experiment social_media stories of transformation StumbleUpon Twitter university video WordPress WordPress Blog WordPress_Blog youth empowerment